click HERE to download FOOD LOG (.PDF FORMAT)
A food log does not have to be complicated , the first step in the process is to figure out which foods work well with your body.
Things to include:
- Ingredients: include everything measurements, liquids, supplements etc
- Time: what time did you finish your last bite? This is beneficial in assessing how the combination of macro-nutrients affected your Insulin and Glucagon levels. Aim to feel satisfied for 3-4 hours.
- Mood: after consuming this meal did you have energy or were you sluggish?
- Satisfaction: were you left feeling hungry, satisfied or stuffed?
- Energy: how long did it take until you became hungry again, on the log above I score this out of 4. If you went all 4 hours it would be 4/4 if you were hungry again in 2 hours it would be 2/4
NOTE: Food Combination: paying attention to food combining can be a hidden cause of discomfort. For example many researchers have found that eating fruit at the end of a meal can cause bloating and gas due to its quick rate of digestion in comparison to other foods. A simple tweak in food combination may be your missing link to more energy.