This is a method I recently starting using, I can say confidently that it has noticeably increased my productivity. I found that having a set number of tasks to complete each day, motivates me to take care of the many little things that I let accumulate over time.
STEP 1: MAKE THE LIST
Make a list each night containing all the thing you want to get done tomorrow, don’t fuss over the details… small, medium or large tasks, it doesn’t matter the point is to get everything you can down on the paper.
NOTE: Aim for anywhere from 5-25 things on your list
STEP 2: USE THE LIST
Look at your list throughout the day and cross off the tasks you have completed. At the end of the day tally up how many tasks you crossed off.
NOTE: Write this number somewhere that you can easily see it, ie- a white board is perfect
STEP 3: COMPETE WITH YOURSELF
Do the same thing the next day however try to match or beat your previous number of crossed off items.
NOTE: My current 1 day max is 16 items, I am hoping to average 25 in the future
Tim Ferriss has put together 2 phenomenal books…
- The 4-hour Body
- The 4-Hour Work Week
In the clip listed below, Tim goes into detail about the reasoning behind writing the 4-Hour Body, if you are unfamiliar with the work of Tim Ferriss, I strongly recommend you give him a chance 🙂
Click HERE to see the Video
Mix your hard liquor with different flavors of crystal light and water, you will not only be saving calories but also hydrating while you drink.
NOTE: GATORADE G2, Vitamin Water and similar low sugar drinks are also good choices
Click HERE to see the article on avoiding a hangover
Its Friday and we all know what that means… many of us will be consuming alcohol in varying doses. Here is the question…
What can I do to avoid a hangover (as best as I can?)
You have to take into account that most of the horrible feeling is due to DEHYDRATION (how many times do you have to pee when you drink?)
- Make sure you have a solid meal and drink lots of water.
- Prepare ahead of time, when you go out to get your liquor, also get whatever you will need for when you get home (water,sports drinks, vitamin water, food for when you get home/tmrw morning)
- Avoid caffeine products: they will dehydrate you… Vodka Rockstar Energy Drinks= Not good for keeping you hydrated.
- Mix alcohol (preferably hard liquor) with water or fruit juice
NOTE: Crystal Light & Vodka : A good combination that allows you to chase hard liquor with water……. Juicing? don’t skimp on your purchase, get a quality juice it will have more Vitamins and other good stuff.
- the second you get back to home-base, head for the WATER, drink as much water as you can (this usually gives you a burst of clean energy right away)
- VITAMIN DRINKS/ SPORTS DRINKS like Gatorade or Fuze are a great choice and should be purchased ahead of time with your alcohol (it’s a package deal )
- Eat something!!!
- Optional: Alcohol tends to give me an altered state of consciousness; I like to take 10 minutes to reflect on my life in that different point of view.
- Drink a ton of water or another Vitamin Drink or Sports Drink
- Eat a big breakfast
- Coffee or Tea (whatever you like Caffeine at this point will wake you up, don’t over-do it though)
- Optional: Showering tends to make you feel clean and refreshed… why not?
ANY OTHER GOOD TECHNIQUES? COMMENT BELOW……………..
“I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.” – Winston Churchill
The way a person holds themselves says a lot about what is going on inside. Making a few adjustments to the way you stand and walk will not only make you appear more attractive but also improve your mood.
Click HERE to see a set of videos showing exercises to promote good posture
Click HERE to read a great article on posture